03-10-2009, 04:22 AM   #6
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
The Warhol M1 is a fantastic piece. Moreso when you think of the fact that it was hand painted by him, then Raced at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1979, it came in 6th. I just wish they would have left it un-retouched. I guess some of the paint came off during the race what with the rain and the speed and all.

What would you have done with it? Sitting in some billionare's collection hangar? Or puttering around in some club race somewhere falling to bits?

You don't seem to mind that the other art car's are just sitting on display, the M1 was neat, but it's just as irrelevent today as a competitive race car as Stella's 3.0 CSL. Cool for the weekend club racer, but a severe waste of a singular piece.
Right, i had no idea he painted it himself. Was thinking more like being involved in the design of it.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0