View Single Post
      11-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #21
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd View Post
From what I have read, the difference between the DIY opti-coat 2.0 and the "PRO" Optiguard is the cure time. The DIY version has a slower cure time to allow the novice more time to "get the application right" before it hardens.

The extra cost you were quoted is all labor time. There will be a full exterior detail and "paint correction" BEFORE the Optiguard is applied. I believe the detail is roughly $300 and then the application is roughly $300. Leading to your total cost.

One other tidbit I read was that the DIY opticoat is not approved for exterior windows. This has nothing to do with the product, only that if not applied correctly it will leave a haze and affect visibility. The PRO applied product is usually applied to the windows without issue.

This is all from reading/other user comments. I personally have not used or had this product applied yet. I also have a white car.
Ah, now I understand the difference between Opticoat 2.0 and Opti-Guard.

I did apply the Opticoat 2.0 to my windows and glass and the only reason they don't reccommend it is because of the possibility of streaking while applying the product in addition to what you said. It went on the windows just fine. I had no issues whatsoever with streaking or hazing.

Appreciate 0