View Single Post
      09-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #53
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Stealth thank you for saving this and putting it up. This provides great leverage.

As for the rest, unfortunately I was unable to get a hold of BMW NA Customer Relations on Friday after I got home from work. I got off too late and the BMW offices were closed. I will call them again on Monday.

My overall objective here is to simply find out the truth about what happened. I realize that many new owners are not happy about this situation and now that Stealth.Pilot has provided some substantial evidence that both the American and Canadian markets should have gotten the 20-Way seats, we have 3 choices.

1. We can simply find out the truth and leave it at that.

2. We can take action.

3. We can do nothing.

My personal endeavor is to do my due diligence in finding out the truth. Whether this is something deliberate or a huge mistake where a single worker at the BMW plant forgot to push a button is what I intend to prove. If the owners and the community want to do something about this, then we will all need to take action. The best 3 things that we can do if we want to take action is to:

1. Contact our dealers and inform them of the situation using this forum as a basis for information and facts.

2. Call the BMW Customer Relations number and lodge and inquiry and/or complaint. 800-831-1117.

3. Write a letter to BMW North America and address the problem in the letter.

Here's what I am going to do:

1. I have already informed my dealer about this and he is trying to work on it from his end. However, if we get enough dealers involved BMW will definitely take notice.

2. I will call the BMW Customer Relations number again on Monday and make another inquiry for their records.

3. I will obtain a mailing address and email address on Monday so that we can all start a letter writing campaign stating our dismay.

No matter what, if we ALL take action and do these 3 things, I have no doubt that BMW North America and BMW AG will take notice.

Like I said my personal feelings is that I just want the truth about what happened and I'm not going to buy BMW's excuse that it was always supposed to be an 18-Way adjustable seat. If this gets enough attention and BMW feels that the new F10 M5 owners across the United States and Canada should be compensated then that will be their decision, but I am not going to make any demands, for now.

Lastly, if anybody here wants to take legal action, by all means proceed. However, I kindly ask that on behalf of our trust in BMW, that we should first give them a chance to explain themselves or if they want, to compensate us.

So please if you are serious about this like I am. Read this post again and take action on your own behalf as a loyal BMW customer. I have no doubt that we will find out the truth soon enough. Thank you.

Oh and Party On!

Appreciate 0