View Single Post
      03-11-2014, 05:28 AM   #86
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

2 years ago i have been stopped by french police in their astra vxr nurburgring edition

me and my friends were travelling to alps from uk in 2 cars
we ve been stretching legs on amazing sunny day in the end of march, after shitty grey uk weather for 3 months
so our speed always varied from 170 to 270km/h
we pull into petrol station, got some gas and switched seats
i got into passenger seat of my car and off we go, my friend hasn't driven m3 before, so was very excited to push it and most of the time our speed stayed well above 200, but we had to slow-down sometimes for our other friends in 320d to catch up ( guys in that car had a bet if they would be able to push that car above 250 they have managed to do it going downhill )
1 hour after we switched seats we can see some blue lights far far far away
so we slow down to 170 (you shouldn't be pulled over if you are doing <170 in france) and went moved to 2nd lane
guys in 320d were about a km behind us and they were not pulled over, so we thought we are fine and police just in a rush somewhere
soon as police approached us, they slowed down, shotgun office opened the window and pointing fingers at us, came in front of us, a ticker came up on their rear window saying "POLICE. FOLLOW US."
at this moment our friends in 320d doing 200kmh passing by us in left lane, laughing and showing wankers to us
so police goes after them

anyways in the end they took us to nearest resting area off high-way, i expected them to be dickheads, as i used to meet moody jealous uk cops!
i started to argue with them straight-away, as officer told us we were clocked at 187kmh minus error it comes to just under 170kmh (i think they have 10% error), so they will issue us a fine of 150 euro + 1 month ban (per each driver), however there was no proof/evidence of the speed they clocked us! especially after they told us both drivers are banned and both drivers are going to be issued with fine and if we don't have cash, we will drive to nearest cash point as we have to pay straight-away, if not, we are going to police station.

there was radar, but no picture/date/any info of when the speed been clocked, so in theory they could have clocked anyone else ages ago and now they are pulling over anyone speeding and saying thats the speed we clocked you
i was trying to prove them, they have no proof, we could have swapped seats after they clocked us, so they might ban wrong person, etc etc, it lasted for about an hour, brit police would be pissed red sweating etc

but these guys were so nice, smiling all the time
1 of them couldn't speak english at all, so he was sunbathing
another guy, who was dealing with us, told us they were trying to catch up with us for 45minutes and if we wouldn't slow down for another 5-7 minutes, we would be out of their county/jurisdiction/state and they would just turn around
officer really liked my car, so he was walking around checking it out for good 10 minutes, i offered him to race with me, but he said he has no chance winning, so we skipped it, but he let me do couple of donuts on parking lot

we paid our fines and they were gone, but we still don't know if we were suppose to pay or not, but it was good fun

we were also told that we don't need to worry for next 150km
Appreciate 0