United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP & '14 X5 50i

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
2014 BMW X5 50i  [0.00]
2011 Ford F250 4x4  [0.00]
Official SINGAPORE GRAY / GREY F10 M5 Photos Thread

We came back from HI a few days early to take delivery of our '14 M5 with the comp package. LOVE this car! More than I expected! I Got 20 mpg on the drive back from Reno to Saint George, UT driving around 70 mph most of the time.

The way the car reads lane position and speed limit signs is uncanny!

Two car dealer rumors I can put to rest that I have read on the forum:
  • The default for engine turn off at stop STAYS where it was LAST set is does NOT default back to the "turn off at stop mode'.
  • There is nothing in the manual to the effect that, “if you use Launch Control more than three times you void the warranty.” That one was dumb on the surface!

The auto headlight feature works FAR better than expected! It's right on the money every time!

I am amazed at some of the magazine writers who now love the iDrive but now they can't figure out how to get the M5 in reverse without an aneurism! Guess they just have to write something so Audi will keep giving them deals on cars? I do miss the feature I had on my last 5 series (not an M) that when in D and you paddled down it would after a period of time go back to the D position. If it's on this car and I don't know where or how to find it please let me know.

I’m not sure how I ended up with the woven aluminum dash as I ordered wood? Never seen one before and it’s not on the order sheet; however I do like it.

Some photos:

Appreciate 0