10-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Ha, you beat me to it! I was gonna say that you are really paying that extra $16K for the adjustable side bolsters!
Yes, the pictures of the interior of the M6 front seats show a different shape, looking as if the driver is more supported for side loads than in the M5. My test drive had me sliding slightly in the seat as I took a fairly large radius on ramp to the freeway.

I like the Carbon Fiber roof, but I like the moonroof of the M5 more.
I do like shorter wheelbase, and 4.5" should be noticeable.
According to specs the M6 is 132 pounds lighter.
I like the M5 steering wheel without the aluminum spoke in it.

And I agree that the iDrive screen is mounted more attractively in the M5. Another minor detail is that I prefer the look of the side fender front turn signals on the M5 over the slightly different one on the M6.

I'm coming from a Lexus SC400 and the back seat actually works pretty well, although not the best access, but comfortable and with leg room. The M6 has a 6" longer wheelbase so I'd hope it has designed the same comfort into its rear seat. Finding an actual M6 in a dealership here in MI might be difficult to check on how it fits me physically. As you can tell from my preferences it's going to take a very strong attraction to the style of the coupe to make it worth the extra $16K for me.

Thanks for the replies and info. Appreciated.
Appreciate 0