View Single Post
      02-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
The rotors maybe, but not the pads . To give you the only reference I have, the regular pads (per axle) for the Ferrari F430 cost $288, vs $2,000 for the CCBs. And people who track these cars say they're crap for the track, since they're not for racing. Most owners tracking their cars replace them with Brembo steel rotors and pads, and put away the CCBs for resale. Seems like a pricey option just for bragging rights, since good CCBs are crap on the streets (don't heat enough), plus squeal like crazy.
I've heard of a few people doing that, but I'd say fallacy of small sample. Usually the reason to not track them has more to do with parts replacement cost in case of a shunt. Mov'it claims much higher braking power in their setup, and with the massive weight loss you can get far better cornering. I wouldn't discount the value of them as simply aesthetics or bragging rights. Too pricey for me though.