TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
Hoping you are all well.

I’ve been away from the forum for a bit. I am chiming in with a general update after installing new rotors and pads, courtesy of FPC Euro’s lifetime warranty.

I have driven over 38,000 miles and the rebuilt motor continues to run well and uses no oil. I no longer experience “finicky” drivetrain errors do to plugs or coils. I have not needed to replaced plugs and coils, which is often recommended every 10-15k miles, when running a tune.

So far my stage 1 tune with downpipes has been enough fun me. I am reluctant to let others drive the car. Even when the road is warm and dry, I feel accelerating aggressively below 60 mph is very often a handful.

When not traction limited, and with a Density Altitude (DA) at or below 2,500 feet, the vehicle runs an okay 1/4 mile time. Unfortunately, our F10 M5s are not designed to launch well. The majority of 1/4 mile runs I manage are between 11.5-11.9 seconds between 124-127 mph. My best 1/4 mile pass so far is 11.2 seconds at 129 mph.

It is spring break here in Maryland this week and I hope the weather cooperates to allow me to check the suspension, motor and trans mounts and, replace the rear differential fluid. It is time to enjoy some road trips and maybe go to a few tracks.
Great to hear the update and sincerely glad to know the car has been on its best behavior.

I am considering CF driveshaft and forged axles to help with the durability of the car when it comes to launching.

Post up some track shots or video.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 2
1320racer137.50
SCD-1983580.00