Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM5 View Post
How did you get yours to fit so far in (i.e., without protruding from the bumper much)? The diameter of the exhaut pipe is larger for the last 4 or so inches. If I mount them at the innermost part of the pipe right before the diameter gets smaller, they still out abouy an inch or more. When I tried to mount where the diameter was smller, the mounting bolts were not long enough to secure the tips. I have the CF tips. Maybe they are different?
I thought of you as I installed mine, b/c I distinctly remember you saying that yours sat out farther than you liked. The inner pipe on the tips must be the same size thought I would think, and that what determines depth of the allen screws. I figured you must have tightened them to the wider portion of the exhaust tube. I, however was able to push them in and tighten the allen screws to the thinner portion of the tube. Did you do one particular allen screw first? When I did that, it appeared as if I didnt have enough length in the screw, but if i turned each a little bit at a time, I was able to evenly tighten them.