View Single Post
      09-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Think my fuel pump died yesterday

I was taking my oldest son to the bus stop and got a drive train malfunction error and the car started running rough and was dying so I pulled into a parking lot that was luckily right next to me. Car wouldn't start again. Finally got it towed late last night and dumped it at he dealer. They have a big backlog so I went up and talked to the SA this afternoon. He thinks it is the fuel pump but they are so backlogged they won't be able to tell me anything until COB.

I have been parking the car outside the last couple of weeks since I got the 991 and who knows, maybe it doesn't like that. Shouldn't make any difference and I have been driving it regularly so that I don't have those no driving issues arising. Oh well, this is familiar but with the N55 and N54 engines. If this starts up again I am going to sell the car and it will be my last BMW. I have had such good luck with the car so far I am really surprised this has happened. But then again, I never had problems with the N54 until I had about 22k on it and this car has 16.5k now so if this is the same stuff, it's even worse.
Appreciate 0