View Single Post
      07-02-2016, 03:25 PM   #10
MannySingh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsama86 View Post
Hello members, long time no see and I hope all of you are very well.

Wish you all the bests for 2016.

For those who do not recall, I was the one who opened a thread about "how old are you to drive M5". I was in Toronto but now I am residing in Victoria BC.

The car is with me and tons of unforgettable memoirs with the car.

How are your M5s holding on?

I am literally visiting service centres once/twice a month to top up my engine oil.

Here are my main work order histories.

1. One of the turbo replaced.
2. Front brake system replaced (due to squeaking noise) was lucky on this one because they replaced at the point about 2 years mark. However fron brake system still makes the noise
3. Catalytic converter (both sides) replaced.

Those are already 20k repair costs.

However, there are still problems and my car is going for the service again.

1. Engine ping at acceleration. Happens around 1600 ~ 2300 RPM.
Quite not sure if this is engine ping but mechanics claim
2. Rattling noise when RPM decreased from "N" geared acceleration.
3. Lack of power.
4. Shaky feeling when care is at high speed 100~120km when more acceleration is applied.
5. Transmission click noise when gear shifts at very low speed (parking lot browsing)

Oil top up not consistent. 1000km top up sometimes 500km top up given same driving behaviour.

When I was in Toronto, there was an incident that the car started to shake heavily like someone who failed to put the first gear for a manual car. I was stopping at red light. I thought it was some truck, bus or street car passed by. Then the car went into safe mode for hours having drive-train malfunction warning on. The next day the warning disappeared so not much was done at the service centre.

Ever since I fell the lack of power. That's how I got the catalytic converter replaced. After the replacement, the car seemed re-gain the power but it's not 560bhp I think.

My work order pile with BMW will be the thickest in this forum i guess.

Anyone with similar issue?

I am taking the car in on 20th of this month and see what happens.
That shaking was probably due to a misfire, which ended up messing up your catalytic converters
Appreciate 0