United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 Competition

Garage List
2008 X5 3.0si  [0.00]
2016 BMW M5  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pTron View Post
I am considering getting this tune as well. Will like to hear what you collect or get to know.

Here is what I have gathered:

1. Tune is compatible with stock parts, no mods needed to achieve the posted numbers (no dyno charts are available to support these gains).
2. Tune is warrantied - secondary provided by Noelle. BMW being the primary provider for the non-tune related components.
3. Noelle has a reputable history in EU - not a new company or shop.
4. Cost of living to increase with the car - oil change (rec: 10w60) every 5K miles. New Spark plugs and other fuels intervals are also shrunk. Assumption here you will be driving this car hard.
5. Expensive and potentially replaces the entire software of the electronic components - engine, transmission, etc. You will have to get the car to one of their approved shops to flash it back to stock if you desire.
Seems like most of that is reasonable. Except number 5. I believe you have to take it to them to have it installed in the first place. Additionally, bang for the buck, it's actually pretty inexpensive considering an exhaust will cost you as much and you only get a small fraction of the upgraded power numbers.
Appreciate 1
DCT OFF62.50