View Single Post
      09-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #15
Schnell_1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM5 View Post
You may have a hard argument to make that the manufacturer didn't allow a proper place for installation when there are literally thousands of F10 5 series cars out there with plates mounted to the bumper using a BMW provided bracket.
I'm just sick of the handouts so I hired a sleuth traffic attorney that has a 70% win rate. You seem like an educated person, thus you can deduce that if I hand over four tickets, i will only have to pay one (approximately). I'm really unsure if my lawyer will use my defense...

Quote:
And I can only imagine the judge's reaction to your argument that you should not have to drill into your precious bumper to comply with state law. You won't look too much like a spoiled brat with a major sense of entitlement.
Me too, but I'm counting on the fact the judge will be a bimmerpost member.

Quote:
Now if you are doing this just to make your point and get some entertainment value out of the fine you have to pay, I guess that is your right. Personally, I have better uses for my time and money and feel no need to clog the court with my personal shenanigans.
personal time and shenanigans? I'll strongly presuppose you have never been to court and thus possess legal myopia, because if you have you would understand that lawyers represent clients via proxy. Moreover, I recommend you educate yourself on traffic ticket quotas and the subsequent over-proliferation of infractions. Why do you think my attorney has 70% of her tickets dismissed? Furthermore, you are assuming I am guilty, which is fine, but just some food for thought: if the reason I was pulled-over was unjust, then my consequent fix-it ticket was unjust as well. What we have here is a legal technicality - God Bless America.

Clog the court? I pay enough taxes to carve-out more than a little court time. Save the sanctimony for the ambulance chasers, divorce lawyers, and public trials. The constitution affords me the right to defend myself at trial, and I will do so.

Quote:
If if you think this will deter the PD from ticketing you, I think you may be surprised. I suspect it might just have the exact opposite effect. You should be ready to mount that plate or enjoy a constant stream of tickets.
I like to fight fire with fire. I'm ready for whatever

Even though they are undertoned in condescension, sanctimony, and sarcasm, I understand your points. Perhaps you can deviate from your comfortable paradigm to undertake a little empathy for mine.
Appreciate 0