ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95 View Post
Have you driven it personally? I'm looking to hear some feedback from those who own a 2013...
I'd say ColdList is right on the money with his assessment.

Drove a '14 M6GC on the streets/highways of Austin, TX and then tracked it on COTA. This was NOT a competition package car, but rather, just the LCI steering and suspension updates.

It is better...where with the current M5 the setup seems overly boosted in Comfort and just progresses through a heavier feeling in Sport and Sport+ settings, the new setup seems to be more connected throughout the settings and far more accurate feel when near TDC.

I'd summarize it like this: While the car today seems best driven in comfort (for accuracy and feel) the LCI changes allow for the car to be driven aggressively in Sport. Track duty, Sport. Sport+ for straight line. Comfort is now, well, comfortable.

Same goes for the suspension setup, it seems to be more aggressive throughout the range rather than just "more stiff". I'd say the rebound and dampening were more optimally tuned.

I am also expecting that the competition package will be even better. Can't wait to drive one with the new steering, suspension and diff. But all that said, I am not going to dump my M5 for these changes. I'll keep it until 2015, then unload it to BMW FS, unless I can get a kick ass offer on it from Porsche and get a GT3 for sticker
+1000 on all points (except that I have not tracked it so I can't comment on that :-). BMW intentionally made steering changes because of complaints specifically about these issues. Of course there will be a difference.

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0