View Single Post
      08-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #52
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Yes I have. I took a 2014 M6 coupe home one night and took both my 2013 F10 and then my 2103 F12 out for a spirited comparison ride along with it. I was not looking to compare the steering. In fact, I was not even thinking about it but after driving it first I immediately noticed a profound difference the minute I jumped in the F10. Then I got in the F12 and noticed the same thing so I got back in the coupe again to be sure I wasn't nuts-and I wasn't. It was such a difference that it became the focus of the comparisons and a big part of my decision to order a 2104 M6 comp pkg the next day. It feels very much more connected to the road. It feels less "heavy" and you get much better feedback. Even now when I drive the F12 I notice the steering not being so sporty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
MUCH better. Like I said, I drove the 2014 M6 first then got in the M5 and it felt very "heavy" and unconnected to the road (which I had NOT noticed whatsoever prior to driving the M6 and making a comparison. I also was not LOOKING for it. It actually was the first thing I "noticed" and I noticed it immediately. Almost like I thought I may have accidentally switched my steering into a stiffer mode). Then I drove the 2013 M6 and noticed the same thing but to a very slightly lesser degree. I think the M6 wheel feels much better than the M5 so that could have actually been the difference.

BTW...FORGET EVERY CRITICISM I made about the comp. pkg above.....Now, having slept on it I am adding it to my order..not because I think it is a value...because if I don't I will LOSE SLEEP EVERY NIGHT wondering "what if?"-lol! Dang BMW!!!!!!!!!! Still don't see the value but what the heck. I will remove those springs and install H&R the first day. Lowering 10mm is a joke. The H&R lowers a full inch (25 mm) and they look INSANE on the F12/F13 (see pic). They also give it a PERFECT center of gravity. Feels like you are driving a very much sportier car. Handles very well.

-Mike
I thought the latter post (which was posted earlier) meant that the difference between the M6 pre LCI and the M6 LCI was not substantial??

Last edited by bm323; 08-10-2013 at 12:31 AM..
Appreciate 0