View Single Post
      01-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #29
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep224 View Post
can you post a pic of where you mounted the power switch for the LI. did you mount an LED for visual alert for the LI?

are those grill mounted vertical LI sensors too recessed? how did they test out? love the car...
Thanks ep.

The M's in hibernation for the winter, so no pics of LI the switch. I installed the European headlight switch with the rear foglight button. My installer then installed a non-LI switch above the rear foglight button. It filled in the empty space, matches the existing foglight button well, and looks very stock.

My 9500ix is installed high on the windshield, so my installer put a small LI LED in the rearview mirror housing so that I could look up and see all the visual alerts in the same area. All-in-all, it's a pretty sweet install.

The vertical front sensors may be slightly too recessed. They did test out ok but with a possible issue if a laser gun was shot downward, from an overhead bridge. If I did it all over again, I'd probably move then outward 1/8 - 1/4", but since I've only seen laser guns shot from road level in my area, I think they're a good form/function compromise for now.
Appreciate 0