jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntomferg View Post
jmh, et al.

I've had DVD playback working while in motion and I have gone through and set some of your values from your list (or in some cases verified they were already set) regarding media handling. I've yet to end up with a Video option in the menu: just the standard DVD/CD.

Two questions on video capabilities:

1) Did I understand you were able to rip a DVD to the hard drive? Or is it just if you put a USB stick with a video on it you are able to import that to the hard drive?

2) Playing video from the iPhone4s without a cradle (via the regular USB cable)- have you achieved this? I noticed this past weekend an entry in the ESYS dialog that looked like you declared which USB to source video content from. In my case it had USB2. I don't have or plan to have a cradle. Any thoughts on whether modifying this to be USB1 is part of the solution for playing video back from iPhone4s over the USB cable (without a cradle)?

note: when I playback video now I get the audio on the car, I get feedback on the iPhone4 screen that the video is playing on "the tv" (and not the iPhone Screen), but I never end up with video on the car screen.
I have not ripped any DVD (or even music) to the internal HD so not sure if it actually
might work.

There are two threads which might be of use for playing video over USB on the HU_NBT
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=668902
and
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=626326

I can't verify things as I am travelling in Europe and the car is in the shop until next week.

- Jan
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0