View Single Post
      01-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
ihc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2103 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
First off congrats! I spent some time yesterday looking at M5s for my future order, and think you will love the car.

A question on ED pricing and negotiation.... the difference between ED MSRP and ED invoice for a similarly configured M5 is about $8k.

Are you saying that you paid about $6k over ED invoice?

For those that have done this, is this the norm? For other BMWs with higher rates of production you can negotiate down to $1-2K over Invoice. (heck, I got my 2013 3-series for under US Invoice, but readily acknowledge those are dime a dozen).

I understand that when the car was newly released, there was limited stock or build dates available... but at this point there seems to be market saturation (went to the local dealer yesterday and they had like 8 M5s sitting on the lot), and CAs should be more negotiable -- especially for and ED, which is essentially a paperwork drill.
I was not sure how much to negotiate down from MSRP. I think I would have pushed harder if the ED program M5s were NOT coming out of the dealer's allocation (and I did confirm this with BMW Special Sales). In the end, I was happy paying less than ED MSRP for a very special car. Additionally, I did not feel like shopping around to different dealerships in different states, etc. as my dealership is ~ 3 miles from my house, very convenient, and they have always treated me well.
Appreciate 0