View Single Post
      03-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #57
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Coldlist: Obviously this thread is (was) supposed to be for the US M5 owners. Kind of forgot that. Not sure what you've heard or been told. But I know what I've SEEN You mentioned work done by others. Sometimes what we believe is done by "others" are actually done by someone not having their name on the car. I have seen some of what Manhart does and all I can say is that some of my previous beliefs got shattered (even stuff that I had allways thought was made by a certain company was changed...).

To quote the magazine "European Car" from a few years back:

"(MHR) is responsible for a good few cars that have eventually surfaced with another badge on the hood. He also spent more than a few years developing engines for BMW in house."

http://www.europeancarweb.com/featur...r/viewall.html

(This was written before they moved to their new premises in Wuppertal)

The info actually has an impact on some of the work I'm in charge of...

Regarding "behind the curtain" stuff, remember that works both ways sometimes I might not have all the "behind the curtain" info, but then neither might you...

Obviously this car is here in Europe and is not available for you guys in the US. But this is a car that is used and is driven all over Europe. So I believe it's not a impractical car that no one can use. I've driven it and experienced it's driveability and performance first hand Whether this will be available in the US must be answered by Manhart and not me.

The car will be at a German car magazine for testing. It was supposed to be a comparison test between 4 or 5 tuned M5's. All had confirmed, but when the magazine made the Manhart MH5 S the final car on the list, all the others apparently pulled out of the comparison... So, now it's only gonna be the MH5 S.

Anyway, they have done the Vbox runs and posted their times. Can't you do the same with your car? Then we'll know if this is the same spec/power level

Once again, I appologise for posting this European tuner info on a thread that obviously was meant for the US M5 owners.

If you do the due dilligence, my guess is that Manhart comes out very strong for any Euro M5 owner looking for a tune

They have made a product that they can show to the customer and say, Here is what this car can do. You can buy the same tune and expect the same performance.

Some info from their website:

http://www.manhart-racing.de/english...mance-kits.php
To respond very succinctly:

1. As admitted, this is not for US cars. And "Whether this will be available in the US must be answered by Manhart and not me."-this is not true. They are not able to distribute the tune to the US. Not their choice at all.

2. "Regarding "behind the curtain" stuff, remember that works both ways sometimes I might not have all the "behind the curtain" info, but then neither might you..." I may not have it ALL but I DO know who gives them the tune, the DP and the silencers. I know they are NOT produced by Manhart.

3. "They have made a product that they can show to the customer and say, Here is what this car can do. You can buy the same tune and expect the same performance."

Well...
(straight from their website description of their "Stage 4" system.)
• MHR Software Remapping
• MHR Performance Downpipes (Sport-Kats)
• MHR Rear Silencer (axleback) without valve control
• MHR Carbon Air Intake System by Gruppe M

First 4 of 5 elements-NOT produced by Manhart and again NOT available to a US VIN car.

4. "Then we'll know if this is the same spec/power level". This is NOT the same spec/power level as my car. I never claimed that. Their car has the same software. It also has resistors on the waste gates. And once again...done by the people who produce the tune for them-NOT by Manhart.

So again, not discrediting Manhart. What a VERY COOL company. Who in the world would want to criticize a company that spends so much time making unbelievable cars? I just like when credit goes where deserved.

All I was saying is two things: 1. They do not MAKE the tune in house. It is done for them.-just ask them. They will tell you if you ask. 2: This was inaccurate info to suggest that it was available to US cars.
Appreciate 0