gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
It was a dyno pack which always reads higher than a dyno jet , on some of the runs fuel cut off occurred before 6 k some well after so it wasn't 5th gear fuel cut . The owner isn't a real technical guy and wanted to make the highest numbers possible , and when he heard 3 psi was ok he went at it . He didn't have the AFR or any other logs from the runs . It took me 3 days to convince him to turn it back down , bc he was convinced the + 3psi was ok on pump gas bc of other posts. You have to be very literal and clear on here as a lot of people have little or no experience/ knowledge with tuning and take comments and run with them . The fact that the BMS settings don't equal the actual psi increase bc it was not made for a 3.5 bar TMap is certainly not optimal either . He was certainly at fault for running the + 3 psi setting on pump gas , but I stand by my analysis that his car was sensing dangerous knock and shut things down .
Without a stock dyno run there is no way to determine what stock torque should have been under those circumstances. Here is a 5th gear 100% stock run from BMS' car. Anything look familiar? The abrupt cutoff at 6300rpm?
Leaving the fuel cut out of it ( bc it may have been some other factor )my problem is with the nature of his tq curve not the absolute numbers . He was running the wrong settings on pump gas and it looked ugly . Why are you defending that ?
Appreciate 0