2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
I voted for the 280Z.

IMO
the Z is super classy and timeless.

The original Miata NA was nimble and fun. Reminiscent of the Lotus Elan only much more reliable. But it's just too cutesy.

And the Mitsu was just too much. It was disco after disco was over.
I worry about the wring (harness) in the Mitsubishi for a few different reasons.

Miata I wouldn't bother restoring but more of a rat-rod complete repairing of the mechanical parts but not putting a pricey paint job or interior or adequate power into.

The Nissan I would take to a shell weld in new metal, hit it with pretty paint, cool race car interior have a myriad of cool engines to choose from and I'd have something very special.
Problem is, engine swapping into a 280Z requires a massive amount of time and effort as well as custom fabrication. The Miata may lack power and look cutesy, but with a nice paintjob and body kit, it can look great and with a turbo kit, it's more than fast enough for a drift build (which sounds quite fun tbh). And if I ever am unsatisfied with the turbo power, then there are full kits of V8 engine swaps like the LS3 which would give it a massive amount of power, with great reliability as it comes with a new drivetrain, axles, and front subframe.

Also, side note, I seriously cannot find a 240/280Z for under $8,000. Anything under that is plagued with a massive amount of rust.