View Single Post
      08-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #24
Trips
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jeep srt

Can't thank the guys at IND enough. I'll be the first to admit that I have a car modding problem lol. And when I moved away from SoCal 6 years ago, I lamented the fact I would be so far from any quality tuning shops. Little did I know that I would be moving right into the backyard of the finest shop in the country, hands down.

I'll post some thoughts as I drive the car more. First impression of the KW3 though, awesome. I took a risk getting rid of the EDC, but after all the cars I've had (GT-R, x5M, r8), I never really bothered to adjust the suspension settings from the cabin. Maybe just lazy, but I also have a pretty high tolerance for lowered cars and the accompanying ride harshness. Overall, the KW3 tightens up the ride nicely without being too rough. I'd say its similar to the Sport setting, and definitely not as rough as the Sport+ setting. I initailly wanted to go with the sleeve kit, but there apparently is no eta for those in the near future. As for just springs, I honestly couldn't even tell the car was lowered in some pictures. I like the height adjustability immensely. Currently, its a little too low for my liking (I blame Ilia), so I may raise it just a notch down the road. And definitely will raise it to stock height for the winter.

This project has been in the works for some time now and the IND guys have been great, as they always are. My goal was to make the car clean, understated, and purposeful. No fancy wheels, no fancy aerodynamics. There is way too much attention driving the r8 around, I didn't want that with this car. I think the car turned out exactly like I had pictured it in my head. Thanks again guys.

Last edited by Trips; 08-31-2012 at 06:55 PM..
Appreciate 0