View Single Post
      05-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #38
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
How are you finding the M5 CP compared to the NONE CP?.
Is there a good difference or hardly any?.
I did not really get enough time in one to "proper evaluate"?.
I can only compare a few extended test drives in pre-LCI M5s and LCI CP - I would describe the differences as quite significant (this is subjective), however, you are potentially changing from LCI non-CP to LCI CP, so the differences may be less noticeable. I would definitely spec CP if ordering a new car today as I believe there is a tangible benefit.

I can notice that my car is slightly less edgy than before (at least in ride/handing - throttle is more abrupt due to MPE) - that may be down to warmer weather or general running in (suspension bushes, tyres, etc.), so ride is not much worse than pre-LCI M5s demos I drove in spring 2013 with all the added CP benefits - sharper steering, lack of roll, tighter body control, etc.

Also what is suited to one driver, may not work for another. As an example, I wouldn't spec CCBs on a new M5, as both my std. front & rear brakes at 6K miles still showing 90K miles to service on idrive, so clearly I'm easy on the brakes, however, CCBs are offered as an option for good reason. I would apply same logic to CP - only worth it if you can feel a positive difference. I'm assuming you're planning on extended test drive before committing to anything, regardless of deal?

I also don't drive in the dark much, but did have a chance to try the intelligent anti-glare system on some B-roads a few weeks ago (I have xenons) and was surprised at just how well it works (yes it's taken me this long to try it ). Must try to post a video soon.
Appreciate 0