chudak18
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335, W463 G55

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Great writeup and pics, I had my springs installed in October and everything is good but one thing: my autoleveling headlights. They seem to be over adjusting and adjusting too much. When I drive straight they dip often and then pop back up and are relatively too high.

Was there a sensor or wire that might have been incorrectly reinstalled during my lowering process that you might know about?

Thanks for your assistance here.

If I'm not mistaken the sensor for the lights is on the rear control arm of the rear driver wheel. It's a little plastic assembly consisting of two plastic bars and one attaches to control arm, the other to a sensor with a pivot point to allow for compression. It in essence measures the distance the body travels when under load or weight, ie. Extra passengers in rear. The pivot point should be towards the wheel. If it was disconnected for reasons of strut fitment/removal, there is a chance it was inverted at time of reassembly. See pic below, it is in the far right and i actually disconnected this particular assy and in the picture the elbow is facing the wrong way, should be towards wheel. If i am wrong, some one correct me.