View Single Post
      03-18-2021, 06:07 AM   #14
Ace Lusch
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535D

F11 535D Comfort access fix

I had a similar issue with the battery drain message each morning and the car locking /unlocking randomly and not recognizing the car fob on start up .

The issue for me (F11 535D 2013) was each door handle has a comfort access sensor and diagnosing which one was at fault was just a simple case of walking towards the car at an angle towards each door and seeing which one caused the lock ,unlock issue.

Once identified ( seems the rear doors are more susceptible) i removed the handle using the brilliantly simple guide above ( Its a captive nut on mine too) so wont fall out. I was able to blow compressed air into the handle for a good 5 minutes and it removed the water which had collected inside, i then sat it down with a hairdryer carefully positioned at the nearest hole to the sensor and completely dried it out.

I refitted and so far that seems to have cured the issue ( I'm 1 week on and no re-occurrence). The handles are £286 direct from main stealer and are pre painted so its worth trying this before you buy a new handle
Appreciate 0