02-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
I thought Dinan's parts were no longer accepted by BMW under the warranty language.

I've had JBD tune on my diesel for the last 2 years and my SA doesnt complain and knows about it.
Dinan (and others such as Hartge) will "match" the factory warranty , but you're still at the mercy of their willingness to help you. BMW will wash its hands in the event or a warranty issue. Dinan cars also get flagged in the dealer system (the VINs of modified Dinan cars are exchanged with BMW NA) to make sure the dealer is "aware" .
Other tunes/tuners are at the same risk , it just depends how hard your dealer is looking and which events the car/DME is logging . Once the car is connected to the diagnostic system there's a good chance the data is sent to BMW HQ and the dealer has no influence over what gets sent etc ...
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0