07-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteM5 View Post
i think that was the seed i needed to be planted... going to look into that, great idea.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. A lot of people talking to him were asking for his thoughts compared to the 458 (which he also spent a lot of time driving before picking the 12C) and he basically acknowledged that the 458's engine sounds better and is "looser" on the track since there aren't as many electronics involved there. But he went with the 12C partly because he's a huge Ayrton Senna fan but also because the 12C's completely unique suspension design means that it can simultaneously be near-perfect for the track but also provide as comfortable a ride on normal roads as big luxury sedans; I couldn't confirm this on a smooth track, but he's not the first person to say that about it. He also mentioned he's heard a lot of reports about transmission problems with the 458. It was funny though because a student in the intermediate run group ALSO showed up in a 12C for that event, and it was even the same color; what are the odds? Oh, and the instructor's next-door neighbor apparently had also just gotten his own 12C, lol!

And of course if you want REAL Sunday driving fun, the 12C Spyder was just announced. I'm personally not a fan of verts since I can get most of the effect with a coupe and moonroof without all of the drawbacks of a vert, but it sure looks sweet.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0