OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
I visited Dubai and Abu Dhabi last month and was struck by their high quality roads and infrastructure -- like driving on glass. Sticky, grippy glass. I wish I had something more fun to drive than the LR2 I was puttering around in. This is going to be an amazing experience for whoever gets to go.
I agree, Dubai/Abu Dhabi is nice and this should be an amazing event. In regards to the UAE, however, I think that place might implode. If you spend some time there, you'll see that Dubai/Abu Dhabi is an island surrounded by the less fortunate, where one day the have-nots will reach a boiling point. When I visited there, it seems that there is a distinct social order, or class system where the wealthy Arabs occupy certain positions, and others, including foreigners from other parts of the Middle East occupy low ranking positions such as janitorial and taxi services. Secondly, once the oil runs out, they will be in trouble. That is why UAE is beefing up its tourism industry with events such as this, exotic resort hotels, and other amenities. Third, they are also beefing up their business sector by trying to get foreign companies and investors to do business there. Just my .02 cents.
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0