View Single Post
      11-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Everyone, for added information and clarification I am providing more info about Opti-Coat 2.0. I don't work for the company or anything but I think everyone who has a brand new F10 M5 has an opportunity to really protect the clear coat of your M5 right from the beginning of its life.

I found this thread a while back and it was the main catalyst for me going with the Opti-Coat 2.0.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232186

I did a lot of additional research and simply used YouTube to learn about the product and how to apply it.

I didn't Opti-Coat the front bumper, the side view mirrors, the headlights, or the side skirts today because those are the areas that I am planning on putting a Clear-Bra on. However, I am planning on Opti-Coating on top of those Clear-Bra areas once I get it on. This will be like putting a clearcoat on the Clear-Bra therefore offering even more protection.

I am planning on doing some tests in the near future once it fully cures. I am also going to Opti-Coat my Piano Black Interior Trim to protect it and especially help prevent scratches. I don't have any kids or a dog or anything but I think protecting the Piano Black Trim is a good idea.

The product was extremely easy to apply and like I said I even put it on my wheels. I think that its going to turn out great.

So if any of you are on the fence about using it, consider me your guinea pig.

Appreciate 0