Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP & '14 X5 50i

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
2014 BMW X5 50i  [0.00]
2011 Ford F250 4x4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
The comp pack is worth it for the suspension , steering , and MDM upgrades alone , forget that it throws in wheels , and some extra hp . When and where are you going to go faster than 160mph ??? . Don't be silly .
Well I am learning from this forum in spite of the misinformation that is disseminated by me and others.

This is the rear tire information from my ’14 M5 w/CP:

The front tire information:

The information that set me straight:

I found it interesting reading.

On another subject...

"When and where are you going to go faster than 160mph ??? . Don't be silly"

I am amazed on the few forum issues I have posted on that very often I get this type of smart ass remark. Who died and gave you the power to decide what “silly” speed is?

If you are so concerned that someone might take their high performance car and go over the posted speed limit (or whatever you deem “silly” speed) why in the world would you purchase a BMW “M” anything?

You must live on the East coast as I can assure you there are many desolate locations in the west where a speed of over 160mph is entirely possible and easily obtained. When you consider these cars will do 150mph in less than 30 seconds your exposure to the inherent hazards is small. That said 160mph+ on any public road is not safe by definition. Then again people are killed and maimed at 35mph every day.

Within 300 miles of my home there are abandoned WWII airfields, salt flats and many a road that for a reasonable fee the state will close off for private events.

You are suggesting that one should purchase a $6k AR15 and then convert it to shoot .22 rim fires.

How about you live your life with your definition of “Silly” and I’ll live my life and enjoy the cars I own too my liking without putting your or your family at risk?