View Single Post
      06-03-2018, 09:20 AM   #10
DTP1980
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 LCI Monte Carlo Blue

Thanks all.

Interesting to see others seeing regular non user initiated reboots on the iDrive. We’ll see what BMW say.

No comments on the injectors either. With a smooth road, HVAC turned low or off, it can be readily heard, and my best description is that it sounds like someone using a jackhammer in the distance.

The DCT issue Is in general day to day use, like in town. The reality is that it’s too crowded, roads too busy to use the car in sport all the time. Not enough room for error. I live quite rurally too. Be assured, it gets used thoroughly when the conditions are right.

Last night I gave it a 200 mile hard run into the Welsh valleys when most people were off the roads. Used the transmission in either S2 or 3 depending on the road condition, but mainly manual. It behaved just fine. I have noticed in S2 and 3, as mentioned above, that a gentle launch from standstill can give a kangaroo type effect. Brilliant way of making passengers feel sick instantly. But no slipping, no hesitation and again even at WOT and redlining, no faults given.

I can already anticipate where this conversation with the service department is going to go, can’t you?!
Appreciate 0