05-20-2014, 11:11 PM   #36
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexey21 View Post
It has been pointed out to me recently, and I really like this analogy and maybe you will to and it will clear up some confusion on the whole 911 vs Any M car.

" An M car is an everyday car with the ability to drive it on the track.
A 911 is a track car, with the ability to drive it everyday"

At least that seriously makes sense to the higher level 911s.

So that is why it cost more. Porsche cars are not for everyone. It is only for those who are wise enough to understand a P-car. Not saying you are not wise, but it takes time for people to get to that level.

Me personally I drove a 991 C4S and hated it. Spent another 2 days just thinking about it, and the more I thought the more I wanted to try it again. The more I tried it, the more I realized what it was all about. Ended up buying an older p-car, and then traded both the older P-car and the M5 for a Turbo. Now that car, is faster than the M5, handles better, and for me at least, is practical. Not that I drive it everyday, but not like a baby it around once a week either.

Not saying the M5 is a bad car, it is a different car and the two should not be compared. It just goes to a personal level of what you want from a car. Do you want great control of your car, great acceleration, sound, looks, and want a car to reward you like no other... 911. Or do you want a fast straight line car, that is controlled, but feels numb in order to achieve luxury and more space.... M5
Very well said. I like that analogy. I really love the 911 turbo and I take that over any M5 anyday haha. The Porsche I have driven is a panamera my brother has one, and cayenne. great cars.. I hear the new 991 is very durable for everyday now though. I am not saying they are comparable but since they are in the same price range that's why I was saying that, I know another guy got a new 911CS recently and traded his M5 for it too.
Appreciate 0