avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
The key in the middle was my key from my 2006, 2008, and 2010 E60 M5. I miss that key.. it was small, perfect size, and did everything my F10 M5 key does.

I don't know why they had to make the F10 M5 key so bulky. Annoying.
because this key was easy to read and make a clone
i like f10 key, at least u feel it in the pocket and 2nd key from the left i think was only used for 7 series e67/68
I don't think the clone issue was related to the actual key / design of key. I think it was an issue with BMW's programming procedure through the OBDII port. If I remember right, they fixed the issue by updating the software of some module to make the OBDII port encrypted.. or something like that.

When I returned my E60 M5 and picked the F10 M5 up I was surprised they changed the key from something decent to something bulky and not cool. Then I just forgot about it. Looking at the F15 X5's key makes me think BMW should of made a special key for M models.

Just a thought.. I wonder if you could get an E60 M5 key or if something changed in the key, a F15 X5 M50D key to work with the F10 M5.
Attached Images