View Single Post
      02-17-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Question Packages/Options you can live without?

Looking at the M5, there aren't that many packages to choose from really, but the ones there are, they are very expensive...

I wanted to ask, those of you who do own this car right now, of all the options or packages you have, if you could go back, which ones would you give up? Would you configure your car differently?

Competition Package : This is such an expensive package, it moves the monthly payment of the car by as much as $125. Ridiculous. Unfortunately every person I spoke to or review I read says that this is how M5 should have come out from the factory 2 years ago.
Full leather : I guess this is really one of those things that make the M5 exclusive. Full merino leather just looks amazing. Leather dash, etc.
Driver Assist : Not sure I really need this, but with high residuals, this is about $25/month option.
Lightning Package : Same as above
B&O Sound : Similar to the full leather, moves the monthly by around $50-60/month. I listened to this back to back after HK and yes there is a massive difference.

The way I see it is this. Executive package is a must. Rest is really in this order : Comp > Full leather > B&O > Driver Assist > Lightning Package.

That being said, I'm thinking it makes sense to either go with executive package only and save over $200/month or just go with all. What does everyone think? If I just drop the driver assist and lightning, that's like $50/month, then you start thinking like, if I'm paying all this money, will $50 stop me? No! Then add this and add that! And here we go with a loaded car.
Appreciate 0