View Single Post
      02-06-2017, 08:20 AM   #34
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Glad to hear you're loving the exhaust! I will say that aligning exhaust is a talent and takes some fiddling every once in a while. The thing with the GTM is to install all of the hangers and clamps loosely, align the tips where you want them, and tighten the hangers and then the clamps in increments so you can check the alignment. I hope this helps! and congrats on the install!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykjones View Post
Had my RPI GTM exhaust installed yesterday with gloss black tips. LOVE the sound!! It is now exactly the way this car should sound. Not happy with the aligning of the tips that was done at the shop that installed it. I feel they stick way too far out. When I called him back after seeing them for a day he starting making excuses that there is little room for play for adjustment due to support brace... Granted it was his first aftermarket exhaust install on a M5.

Anyone have any good rear pics of the RPI GTM installed from top and side angles? I've seen some that look just right. Going back to get the tips realigned at another shop on Wed that really knows their stuff and it would be great to have some reference pics. Thanks!

Tried to upload pics for reference but it said file was too large and not sure how to resize images to be able to upload.
Appreciate 0