01-21-2015, 08:30 AM   #91
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
First point, I never once said that 3k was a fair price for the tune.

Second point, do you think the encryption/pwd reader solution that AMS has bought from Europe is free of charge? Tuners have tried to crack the Fxx gen DME since it came in 2010. When someone finally finds a solution, do you really think they just give it away? The cost here is probably way higher than the solution they use on the GT-R. It also involves removing the DME, opening it up to access the chip, crack the pwd and only then they can start the flashing. What is comparable is the actual software rewriting, i.e making the tune itself.

And why are you suddenly bringing up the GT-R? You did not compare anything to a GT-R tune in your previous posts... No sir, you referred to tuners offering piggyback tunes

Third point,

How is this NOT a reference or comparison between AMS flash tune and the price point from one company (ESS) offering a piggyback tune

You do compare AMS with ESS here, so yes, you seem a bit confused on the difference between flash tuning and piggybacks. You even go on to say that they can't be making a profit at that price range (in a sarcastic tone) which simply put just shows that you don't seem to know the difference between the cost of a piggyback vs a software flash... Hopefully both ESS and AMS make a decent profit, but I'm pretty sure the profit margin is way higher for ESS than it is for AMS here... The hardware for the piggyback is at most around $100-300, depending on supplier.

Mike Benvo (interesting search results if you Google him BTW...) doesn't even offer a tune for the Fxx gen cars. His most up to date tune is for the X5/X6M at $ 1595,-

Please find a company that offers a flash for the Fxx generation for less than $1000,-
You lack basic reading comprehension. How's saying tuners like ESS, Mike Benvo selling tunes for less than a $1,000 and do just fine financially, is comparing a piggyback to an ECU flash?
Appreciate 0