Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
completely agree!! automatic is faster than I would ever be able to manually change gears...nor am I as intuitive as a machine bred and built to do the shifting . But man would it be fun to try...in order to keep it competitive I will give the automatic guys the few second advantage
I think MT folks are missing the point that DCT can be "manually" shifted. There is no "intuitivity" aspect needed for the transmission, the driver still remains in the best position to anticipate and determine what gear should be used. The DCT is faster because it can shift gears without interrupting power to the drive wheels during a shift, while with a traditional MT, there will be an inherent short deceleration while the clutch is engaged, the gear is changed and clutch re-engaged. Further, with a DCT, since there is no interruption of power during a shift, it is possible to shift while cornering without upsetting the balance of the chassis. DCT is faster because th way it operates, not because it can "automatically" change gears.
OK? maybe we need to pump the brakes ? this wasn't supposed to turn into MT guys vs Automatic guys. I am sure we are all TOUGH GUYS/GALS here. I didn't mean to step on anyone's manhood/womanhood. I happen to be an MT guy and I know full well that the automatic is faster. I Know the reasons why autos are faster -with the un-interruption of power and the instantaneous power delivery. Nobody has forgotten that you can change your gears in an automatic "manually". I have driven a few supercars with paddle shift? they were magnificent. (Ferrari 488 Being my favorite.) My original post stated that I would pay extra for a third pedal. Not because I think it's faster or better around a race track, ONLY because it is more enjoyable to ME. My enjoyment comes 1st, track times come 2nd.
Name any car on the planet? and I would pay extra for a third pedal. I just wish more car manufacturers offered the option? I know it's not gonna happen, but a guy can dream right?