05-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziff73 View Post
I know I'm about to get flamed for this, but here's my question.

I am planning on flying in on Saturday morning, taking delivery that day, dropping the car and flying out Sunday morning.

I am confirmed for delivery Saturday morning at the Welt and I understand I can leave it there for $60 Euro fee.

Is that also true for a Saturday delivery date? Or do I have to make an appointment at the Munich drop off location, which closes at 2pm?

thx

(yeah i know, whats the point... well no go on trip with 2 young kids in tow)
Here's the info regarding drop offs per the ED info:

"All drop-off locations require 4 days advance notice to schedule a drop off appointment either by phone or email. Drop off locations are open Monday to Friday only. All locations are closed on Saturdays (with the exception in Munich) Sundays, German holidays and scheduled holidays. If you are planning to drop off outside of Germany, please check that country's tourist website for their specific holidays."

If you can make the appointment to drop the car off and make it before they close (Munich drop off), then I don't see any reason why you can't do it. The best thing is to give the drop off location a call prior to leaving the States (ahead of time, at least 4 days before you arrive in Munich). Tell them if you can do what you plan to do otherwise, you may have to stay over for some week days.

You shouldn't be flamed for doing what you want to do -- as they say "to each his own".
Appreciate 0