View Single Post
      10-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #20
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

I understand why some of you are upset over the side bolsters ... the specs said 20 way seats so you were expecting to get them. There is an important fact to this debate that, at least for me personally, has made the difference between demanding compensation and chalking it up to a typo and just getting on with driving an otherwise fantastic automobile. This is not a case of BMW de-contenting to shave cost. It has been confirmed at this point that no F10s have adjustable side bolsters because the federal government has not approved a seat design that incorporates both the side air bags (located in the seats) and the mechanical components needed for side-bolster adjustment. Well guess which item won out ... the safety item.

Also, as another member posted in another thread on this topic, if this particular feature really was that important to you as an individual buyer, why didn't you confirm it's availability before making your purchase? This gentleman specifically asked about the feature despite what the literature said because it was an important feature to him. He learned pre-purchase that the adjustable side bolsters were not available but still decided all the other positives outweigh that negative.

These are just my personal feelings on the topic, and I'm not trying to antagonize any members that feel strongly about it. However I have to ask in the grand scheme of things how important is this item? Do you really want to taint your driving experience in this amazing car over it?
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7

Last edited by AGS; 10-18-2012 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: Fixed typos
Appreciate 0