View Single Post
      03-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #9
MichaelJohn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW i8, Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
The m5 has the DCT and from a roll its formidable to say the least. Its a drivers race based on who gets a jump but all conditions equal the M5 is faster IMHO from a roll as shown above. The dig is a no brainer; mash a go and you are hero in the E63S. Mash the M5 and you will have wheel spin and get crushed.

Its all about what you want in a driver IMHO. I have two RWD cars, both Benzes and then the Audi and Pcar... best of both worlds.
Thanks for that. I am beginning to think that from a roll there is nothing faster than the M5 in its price range. Maybe a newer GT-R but that's about it. Love that underrated power.

As a follow-up, slightly off-topic, but once my son finishes high school in two years I won't need the back seat anymore and the Turbo S looks very appealing (though I may keep the M5 too). Since you have one - two questions: 1 - How much faster is it from a roll than the M5 (no need to answer from a dig, I know - it's Veyron fast) and 2 - is the ride quality harsh in comparison? I am spoiled by the compliant ride of the M5. I test drove a 997 Turbo a while ago and it felt fairly stiff.
Appreciate 0