View Single Post
      09-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #79
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

The critical part is the F10 M5 brake caliper is so much bigger ...

Front: Six-piston fixed-calliper compound disc brakes (400 x 36 / vented) Rear: Six-piston fixed-calliper compound disc brakes (396 x 24 / vented)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
Earlier in this thread (post #11) I mentioned that I'm researching whether I can use the winter setup for my E60 M5 on the new F10 M5. I use a set of OEM E63 M6 wheels (F 8.5x19 ET12; R 9.5x19 ET17). I ran an analysis on a spread sheet to see how the different wheel widths and offsets from the stock F10 M5 wheels would impact internal and external clearance. Internal clearance increases by 23-28 mm and external clearance decreases by 11 - 16 mm. So the wheels sit farther away from the body of the car, with a change in the wheel centerline of 17 - 22 mm farther out from the body. The only question that is unresolved is will the barrel of the wheel clear the calipers.

I passed my spread sheet along to my CA, who sent it to the US M-brand manager, who in turn sent it to the M engineers in Munich to review and oppine. I've not heard anything back yet but the US M-brand manager assured my CA they are working on it. In any event, my F10 M5 should be here by the end of the month at which time I can test fit them myself and report back on the fit.
Appreciate 0