View Single Post
      03-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

I own many high performance cars.. AMG, Porsche, and M. It's not surprising to me, but M has the best tech/nav maps period. I live in South FL where I-95 is a real PITA at times.

Using the traffic map is a breeze and it's extremely accurate. It will only show yellow, orange, and red lines.
I personally don't like the normal map appearance, and opt for the blue and grey appearance. I think that is the traffic map style? Also, in addition if you move the controller left to browse the vertical icons, there is a triangle that allows you to view detailed traffic info. The only thing that bothers me is that when you have an address plugged in, the nav seems to be even better and more accurate on traffic issues, so when I am heading home, I will sometimes plug in my address just to get more detailed traffic info.

I have played around with the new maps at the dealership (my F10 M5 comes to me in April). I did not notice what you guys are saying. Sounds a bit disappointing. I would rather the green lines not exist since I always use the grey and blue map style. Maybe I will just get used to it.