View Single Post
      10-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #76
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Oh, and this is not unsafe at all. Give me a break about the "I was scared" crap. I owned one of the first 335is in the country, build date of June '06, and I had a failure while on the highway and I was never "scared". It simply went into limp mode, I pulled into the right lane and got home slowly but safely.

Love this drama crap....

Cheers,
e46e92
I am in the market looking at e92 335i's, so at this time I do not own one.

Regardless, imo your comments are ignorant and thoughtless. You feel that since you are familiar with the HPFP problems, and could handle the limp mode occuring on the highway that everyone else should handle it just as easily.

Have you no understanding that an older woman for example, who has no idea what a HPFP is or why her car would suddenly shut down while driving, could panic and potentially get into a wreck?

Not everyone expects their car to shut off in traffic and there are a million situations that could occur that would result in that situation ending very badly. Fortunately, nothing like that has occured yet.

I find it hard to believe that you or anyone else feels that it is acceptable for a car to go into a reduced power mode in traffic, and that the people driving should be able to handle it in all situations with no difficulty at all. That is shortsighted at best.
Appreciate 0