View Single Post
      12-21-2015, 06:21 AM   #22
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
That's not extreme depreciation. That's just the dealer ripping you off.

When I sold my 2013 M5, I sold it privately and I beat the dealer trade-in by $18,000. So that's the amount by which they try to rip you off.
I traded mine in with 19,900 B&O, Exec, DAP, Wheels, smartphone and got 77k trading in. I believe they sold it for 83-85k to the dealer in Connecticut I think someone was dying for that color car and mine was one of the few available at the the time.

I think they sat on the car for like 4-5 months and marked it down twice... Personally I'm not sure I'd have had the stomach to sit on the car and grind out a sale for an extra 6-8k especially since unlike your cars which usually are unique with individual styling and low milage. Mine are the opposite HIGH miles, EXTREME use most of the time they don't even have a way to estimate the worth off of the auction sites because I'm trading in such new cars with such high miles

I know some people just have stigma's about used cars and that'll never change. Personally for a car like a McLaren, M, AMG, etc. I'd rather let someone else eat that initial hit because in most cases like with the DCT now vs. the SMG/V10 combo the cars are SOOOO reliable in a majority of cases that its become somewhat senseless to think they wouldn't be reliable.
Appreciate 0