View Single Post
      08-02-2013, 04:35 AM   #92
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
And the Carerra would be PERFECT for any sister or one of her friends..maybe my niece-lol!

I REALLY tried so hard to like the C2S and C4S. I flew back in to Atl on an 8:30 flight, stopped home for 30 minutes and went to 2 different Porsche dealers. I drove the crap out of both cars ALL DAY LONG. I just could NOT see what all the excitement was about. I loved the cars but I just had that feeling of the car "holding back". It gave me that "ugh" feeling. I had a SWEET deal worked out on a gorgeous silver/black C2S with the Aero Cup Kit and HRE P40's (dealer installed) and I just could not pull the trigger. They launched incredibly well but what got mine was when I was rolling 35 mph and stomped on the gas there was just NOTHING. My M cars would WALK all over them. I know, I know, the handling...blah blah blah. I think I am a bit like Dave (prob more than either of us car to admit) in that I love the raw power and being thrown into my seat. With the C4S and C2S it just is not there. I don't care what the numbers are 0-60, etc. If I don't FEEL that pull then it is not going to work. In the end one of the sales guys said "You're not a track guy. You are a Turbo guy. You want to blow past everyone". I said "Yep". He took my email address and said he'd let me know when the first Turbo hit. I jumped in my M5, stomped on the gas and got a huge smile on my face as the tires spun and I roared off down the road....

Hahahaha...Like I said, I guess I am one of those "freaks"!

I think it takes looking at other cars, to make you realise what we have got in the M5. I think, what we have got in the M5/M6 is a powerhouse of a car, at a bargain price. I have recently been through looking at Porsche again, with the GT3, and i didnt order one either. If you are a turbo/torque guy, i feel its hard to go to a N/A car, as you inevitably have to rev the nuts off these to get the performance, whereas with the torque monsters of today, you can just be lazy, and just blow by most cars. I liken it, to a 250cc Motocross bike, versus a 125cc bike, you have to keep the throttle nailed on the 125, but just roll on the throttle on the 250, which makes it an easier and less violent ride than the 125. Its good to look around though, as it refreshes your mind, as to what you already have, if you made the correct decision in the first place. The new turbo will be just awesome, but a new Turbo S over here, will cost me around £75K sterling more than my new M5, and thats just not worth it to me again. Im sticking with BMW.
Appreciate 0