View Single Post
      08-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #94
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
I think it takes looking at other cars, to make you realise what we have got in the M5. I think, what we have got in the M5/M6 is a powerhouse of a car, at a bargain price. I have recently been through looking at Porsche again, with the GT3, and i didnt order one either. If you are a turbo/torque guy, i feel its hard to go to a N/A car, as you inevitably have to rev the nuts off these to get the performance, whereas with the torque monsters of today, you can just be lazy, and just blow by most cars. I liken it, to a 250cc Motocross bike, versus a 125cc bike, you have to keep the throttle nailed on the 125, but just roll on the throttle on the 250, which makes it an easier and less violent ride than the 125. Its good to look around though, as it refreshes your mind, as to what you already have, if you made the correct decision in the first place. The new turbo will be just awesome, but a new Turbo S over here, will cost me around £75K sterling more than my new M5, and thats just not worth it to me again. Im sticking with BMW.
I could not have put it any better. For the money there is simply not a better car than the M. If you are constantly revving that Porsche it can go but it is almost like you are "working" at it all the time. I drove my wife's M6 last night and it was such a blast. In one trip over to Tim's (starchild) shop, I get 2 compliments and a third guy stops in the shop parking lot to take pictures of it. I don't know. I guess I like the attention too!

I only hope I don't like the turbo too much when it hits the streets!
Appreciate 0