11-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #122
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Tell me about it. If you have read thru my past posts on 19", this is the absolute nightmare finding what will fit.

Anyway, like my earlier post said. If you go stock, say 345M, the rear must be 19 * 10. I went with 19 * 9, thinking if the front clears the front massive caliper, then there should be no issue whatsoever for the rear (as it's a few mm smaller than the front).

The real culprit of the rear is the caliper housing which has a protuding odd shape (rather than totally square) and it is that odd shape that ends up grinding my 19 * 9 wheel. It is not a deep line but I say is a 1 to 1.5mm scoring line on the wheel when the shop rotates it which was enough to take off the whee's clear coat.

Lastly, aside from the stock 19", PYSpeed (online vendor) confirmed the Arkym J12 19" wheel cleared the front & rear. Be preapred to dig into your piggybank, they are over $5000 for a set. The other one that IND has on the M5 show car also has BBS FI 19" and it cleared the front & rear as well. Aside from these two, no other wheel makers have step up to the plate to confirm whether their 19" will clear or not.
Thanks for the info chief. Wondering if the below rubber will fit the 345Ms.

235/35R 19 XL Dunlop SP - Winter Sport 3D
295/30ZR 19 XL Dunlop SP - Winter Sport 3D

Thanks all for your help...

Joe