View Single Post
      09-23-2011, 11:44 PM   #35
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

No offense.....but it seems like you have over dosed on KoolAid already by buying an M3. I guess all the praise the M3 gets....does not seem too unfair to you.

Anyways bottom line is the M cars have always been better then the competition as an all rounder. There are cars that can go faster, or are cheaper, go faster around the track. But none of them can package it all like M does in perfect dose of each. This was the case with M3 or last M5 etc. The M6 did not get the praise from the press as you suggested. You know why because BMW could have done a lot more to it and just left it as sort of half finished job as a 2 door M5. So the Koolaid that press gives you to drink is not so sweet when the car itself is not all that.

If the car is really good...... what do you want them to say?..... it is not good. Press did not like M6 but loved M5 and M3. So I think that is a bogus claim.The MB AMG cars can go fast but can't handle like BMW M cars and that is a fact not a myth. Now your heart is set on a CLS 63AMG so you can go around and feel better by claiming that press is bias against MB and others when it comes to an M car.

If you think press is so bias and feeds you great koolaid. Then why did you not buy the C63 AMG and refused to drink Koolaid seems like after all their must be something in that koolaid as you went out and bought over hyped M3.

Give us one instance where press compared the M car and AMG car was actually better and I will put some merit in your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray23 View Post

You ever notice that they ALWAYS give the M cars the benefit of the doubt no matter what? Even if the car is marginally better then the competition, they rave about it as if it were the greatest car in the world. I bet you anything, when the M5 vs CLS 63 or E 63 vs CTS-V vs Jag XFR that they will ALL have the M5 #1. Even if the numbers tell a different story. They'll say the same old things: CLS63/E63: pros: Gods own torque, great seats, locomotive fast.....Cons: Too heavy, too stiff.....
M5: Pros: Wolf in sheeps clothing, precision handling for size, unbelievable kick in the pants, fantastic chassis......Cons: Wolf in sheeps clothing, brakes not up to tracking, thats it.

They'll place the M5 in 1st(mostly because its a new car)the CLS63/E63 in 2nd, CTS-V in 3rd and the Jag last.
I like the new M5 and will be test driving it when it comes to the states, but I dont overdose on KoolAid like some others and will also be driving the CLS 63 AMG
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 09-23-2011 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 0