View Single Post
      12-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #69
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
Lol, it's very simple... more HP. A stock 335i has 300 HP while an M3 has 414. That is a 114 Hp difference which explains it. They have identical TQ stock and TQ is something that is used for instantaneous thrust and more grunt down low (it has next to nothing to do with acceleration and in most cases past 5k it does nothing for you except taper off) which is why I pointed out 5 times that TQ is important in a DD not a race car. This car is produced as both and this is something that it definitely benefits from; having both is an amazing combination.

Somehow its back to m3 v. 335i. We cannot help ourselves.

Back to the topic at hand. I am sure everyone will love and buy this m5 as it is the only thing that bmw is offering. Would be REALLY interesting to see what people chose to buy with two engine options-a v10 NA 530hp engine v. this TTV8. with 560hp. Or even better comparo a V10 with 560 v. TTV8 with 560.

I do not know what the masses would choose.

I am tempted to look into a viper in a couple years. What are they up to now-like a 9 litre V10? It has grown fro 6L or so when it came out to atleast 8-9 L. Shit that is a monster
Appreciate 0