View Single Post
      02-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
bmwturbopower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335i

Iphone Users Sleep cycle app

Tried this last night after a friend told me about it. I was very skeptical. I'm the type of person that hits the snooze button like 10 times before I wake up but this morning I got right up and wasn't tired at all. This thing works and you guys should try it. Only 99cents

"During the night you go from light sleep to deep sleep, occasionally entering into a dream state which is called REM-sleep. These are things that your normal alarm clock does not care about, and will go off at the set time regardless of whether you are in a light sleep phase or in the deepest sleep. However, since you move differently in bed during the different phases, the Sleep Cycle alarm clock is able to use the accelerometer in your iPhone to monitor your movement and determine which sleep phase you are in. Sleep Cycle then uses a 30 minute alarm window that ends at your set alarm time and wakes you in your lightest sleep phase.

"This isn't really something new. These so called bio-alarm clocks have been around for years and work very well, but they usually come with a hefty $200 price tag. I realized that the iPhone has all the components needed, and decided to make an alarm clock that works exactly the same, but sell it for a dollar or two instead."

here's the link: http://www.lexwarelabs.com/sleepcycle/howitworks.html
Appreciate 0